Hey! So this post is gonna be all things baking. We had a leaving party for a friend, straight away I saw this as an opportunity to start designing my next cake. She currently works behind scenes for many TV companies and her dream is to one day be a director. Which explains the image of the clapperboard, last minute decision to make the cake blend with the theme I added some popcorn round the edges. Who says popcorn can’t be put on cake?
For the Cake-
250g Stork Butter (any type will do)
250g Caster Sugar
250g Self-Raising Flour
1-2 tsp Vanilla Essence
For the Vanilla Buttercream-
227g Stork butter (any type will do)
380g-510g Icing Sugar, sifted
2 teaspoons of Vanilla Essence
1-2 tablespoons of milk
Popcorn of your choice
I designed the image online from this website http://www.fodey.com/generators/movie/clapper_board.asp
At my local cake store I paid £5 to have the image printed on an edible icing sheet which was the same size as the cake, it fitted perfectly. There are some websites where you can order your edible image and have it delivered too. At the final stage when ready to place on cake, place in freezer for 2-3 minuets to make it easier to remove the sheet from it’s backing. Lift up slowly with small pallet knife.
- Preheat oven to 160 C (fan) and grease cake tin with butter and flour
- Cream butter and sugar together for a while until white and fluffy
- Whisk eggs in a separate bowl, then slowly add to mixture with vanilla essence
- Combine mixture on lower speed making sure to incorporate all the eggs
- Fold in the flour with wooden spoon
- Pour cake mixture into tin and spread evenly
- Place in oven for 40-45 mins- Use a cake skewer or a knife to check if ready, should be clean when pulled out
- While the cake is cooling begin to make the icing
- Cream butter in bowl until colour has lightened
- Sift the icing sugar into the bowl and beat mixture
- Add vanilla essence and milk
- Using a pallet knife spread buttercream all over the cake, doesn’t matter if it is messy as it will be hidden.
- Place icing sheet on top and decorate with some popcorn (ribbon can be brought from most party or cake stores)
Comment below your favourite bit about this cake!
Don’t forget to follow to get new posts delivered to YOUR email 🙂
Find me on:
Stay Fearless& Stay You, T x